Funding for Harlow Council’s proposals to help get people sleeping rough in the town into housing has been backed by the Government.
The Council will receive £260,500 for 2018/19 as part of a targeted Government £30m fund.
The funding will be used on a range of measures to provide specialist support to rough sleepers. These measures include:
• Employing a full-time co-ordinator to oversee services and support for rough sleepers.
• Funding two extra outreach/tenancy support workers to work for Streets2Homes.
• Providing support to help get people off the street and into settled accommodation suited to their needs.
• Extending severe weather provision across the winter period (November to February) so a range of different accommodation types can be provided to suit individual circumstances.
• Turning disused Council properties into short-term supported accommodation where up to six rough sleepers can stay and receive targeted support from Streets2homes.