Harlow & Gilston Garden Town has secured an additional £715,000 of capacity funding from Homes England.
This announcement represents a confidence in, and commitment to, the ambitious plans that will transform the Harlow & Gilston area, providing much needed homes, jobs and infrastructure for existing and new residents.
Substantial work has already been carried out by the partnership to develop some strong foundations in order to achieve the Garden Town vision, including:
· Adoption of the Garden Town Vision
· Adoption of the Garden Town Design Guide
· A draft Transport Strategy for consultation in the summer
· A study on the delivery of Sustainable Transport Corridors
· Ongoing consultation with residents, businesses and stakeholders
· Site specific masterplanning
· Preparation of a Garden Town wide Infrastructure Delivery Plan
· Establishment of a Quality Review Panel
This additional grant will allow this, and other, work to continue at pace, helping us to create places that people will be proud of and want to live and work in.